Sunday, October 9, 2011

God Bless You Steve

Courtesy of Google Images

Steve Jobs passed away a few days ago and it affected me greatly. I knew he was ill but it still caught me off my guard and I felt deeply sad. The brilliant artistic innovator in the world of computer technology, who gave us the Apple, IPod, I Pad, Pixar, and so much more, has crossed over. The loss is enormous.
Luckily, many people emailed me a copy of his 2005 Stanford University Commencement Address, and it was like medicine to my sick stomach. I got to hear his words of wisdom and revel in his stories. Here are a few messages that stood out for me from his speech which I will hold onto:
1. Remember we are all going to die. No one wants to die but one cannot escape it. Don’t waste your life living someone else's.
2. Trust your own gut -- follow your curiosity and your intuition. In the long run it will turn out to be what is best for you.
3. You cannot control all of life’s situations like you think you can. Connecting the dots backwards can show you a plan greater than your own will.
4. No matter how much you may love something, you may lose it anyway. The lessons we learn from this may be invaluable.
5. Find what you love to do and follow your heart. If you haven’t found it yet, then keep on looking. Do not settle.
Thank you, Steve, and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment